1/22/2021

Emily James - New Single 'the list' Released Today

LA- Based Singer /Songwriter
Emily James 
Releases Newest Single & Video 
‘the list’

"Wanted You to Know, Pt. I"  - Available February 26th

(January 22, 2021) Today, LA based singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist,  Emily James releases her newest single, the list. The beautifully delicate and introspective track was written and produced by James and available now on all digital platforms, here.  the list is featured on James’ upcoming AWAL EP,  Wanted You to Know, Pt. I.  The collection will be available on February 26, 2021; pre-order link is  here.

James shares that creating the list  was truly a therapeutic process. “I wrote and produced it myself at a time when I was weighed down with a literal list of things I had to get off my mind. Sometimes we can't bring ourselves to say everything that we wish we could say directly, and this song was my alternative.” She continues, “It was a little terrifying to unearth feelings I tried to hide and put them under a magnifying glass to stare at for a while. Ultimately, doing so gave me this song, and allowed me to resurface a little lighter.”

View the video for the list, here

Recently, Emily James spoke with Guitar Girl Magazine and shared her creative process while writing and recording her last single, that’d be alright.  Just before New Year, she joined a group of independent artists on PopDust.com for a live streamed performance benefiting fairfight.com to assist with the Georgia runoff elections. The debut track from the EP back in the summer was heralded by American Songwriter which  raved “...James’ new single is breezy, bright and bubbly. It’s as if the musical spirit of the surfer Jack Johnson crept into her fingertips and helped to write the track, complete with waves and sunglasses.” 

Wanted You to Know, Pt. I will be released on February 26th, pre-save/pre-order link, here.

Stream
the list, here. View, here.
that’d be alright, here. View  here.
back in the summer, here. View  here.


Photo Credit: Tae Kwon Photography

Follow Emily James

0 comments:

AddToAny