10/11/2019

Psychic Twin drops new single "Water Meets Land"

PSYCHIC TWIN DROPS NEW SINGLE 

PLAYING AT LOS ANGELES’ GOLD DIGGERS
TOMORROW NIGHT, OCTOBER 12

DRUM & LACE TO SUPPORT + DJ SET FROM EMPRESS OF 


Psychic Twin - the dreamy synth-pop solo project of songwriter and producer Erin Fein - is excited to share a new single “Water Meets Land.”  This marks her first bit of new music since 2016. Of “Water Meets Land’ Fein notes,”Put simply, ‘Water Meets Land’ is a song about intense struggle, but also, it is about acceptance and survival. I have been through some very difficult experiences in the last 6 years of my life and I honestly didn’t know if I could survive. And to accompany it all, I experienced anxiety so debilitating that I considered suicide. For many years I was steadily falling apart. And then things began to change — because I began to change — because I chose to get help. I learned how to stand on my own, to trust my own resources and to look directly into the darkest and most painful experiences in my life and confront them.” Erin collaborated with director Adam Weinberg to make the video and she further notes, “Inspired by surrealist cinema, the colors and aesthetics speak very strongly to the visual world in which Psychic Twin exists for me — it is an expression of self inflicted pain and the eventual and essential acceptance, love and forgiveness I was able to find for myself in order to heal." More on the track below. Watch "Water Meets Land” here:
Psychic Twin - Water Meets Land [OFFICIAL AUDIO]
More on “Water Meets Land” below.

As previously announced, Psychic Twin is playing her first ever headlining show in Los Angeles tomorrow tonight (10/12) at Gold Diggers. The bill also includes Drum & Lace as well as a DJ set from Empress Of. Doors are at 7:00 and the venue is located at 5632 Santa Monica Blvd.   

Inspired by Kate Bush, Annie Lennox and Grace Jones, Psychic Twin songs feature lush synthesizers, propulsive beats, and looped backup vocals . Originally from Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Fein began writing and recording solo material during the early 2010s, taking the name Psychic Twin as she found herself channeling energy that led her to believe that she was spiritually collaborating with her ‘other self’ or non-existent twin. Erin’s first release was the 2012 single "Gonna Get Her.” The following year she moved to Brooklyn and released her second single, "Strangers." 2016 saw the release of her debut full-length, Strange Diary via PolyVinyl.  

Now living in Los Angeles, Psychic Twin is currently on tour playing in Empress Of’s band and also hard at work on her second full length album, slated for release in 2020.

Past praise for Psychic Twin
“‘Hopeless’ is among the year’s most emotionally resonant jams for the lonely end of the dance floor.” Spin

“As Psychic Twin, Erin Fein’s songs are so illusory it’s sometimes hard to remember there’s only one person behind them” Pitchfork

“Between her crisp, pentatonic melody lines and her natural sense of restraint, there's something instantly iconic about Erin Fein's performance on ‘Dream State.’” The Fader

“‘Lose Myself,’ (is) an electronic track with a beautiful vocal melody emphasized by multi-layered harmonies and reverb.” Stereogum
Erin Fein on “Water Meets Land”
I want to share with anyone out there reading this that, if you are lost, you can learn to find your way again. If you’re willing to get help when you need it, you can learn to love and forgive yourself, without anyone else’s affirmation but your own. You can take the dagger out of your own heart and you can find the resources inside of yourself to do it. It is a life’s work, but it is possible.
 
Lastly, I would like to dedicate this song to Trish Nelson, Natalie Saibel, Jamie Seet, Carla Rza Betts, Jessa Blades, Christina Lecki,and Kate Horne. To ‘The Team’ — All of you helped me to confront one of the most hidden places of pain in my life, you are survivors and you are champions, and I will always be grateful to all of you and complete
Photo by Julia Brokaw

Find Psychic Twin here:

0 comments:

AddToAny