7/18/2024

Gallant Announces Forthcoming Album, 'Zinc.' Shares New Song 'Fly On The Wall. (Osaka Version)'

GALLANT ANNOUNCES FORTHCOMING ALBUM Zinc. TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 27 ON MOM+POP MUSIC
 
SHARES NEW TRACK ‘FLY ON THE WALL. (OSAKA VERSION)’
 
PERFORMS FORTHCOMING ALBUM OVER TWO NIGHTS AT SOLD-OUT LOS ANGELES UNDERPLAY SHOWS 
LISTEN
‘FLY ON THE WALL. (OSAKA VERSION)’
 
PRE-ADD/SAVE
Zinc. (ALBUM)

In a Nutshell.
Sticks + Stones.
Siberia.
Monorail.
Centigrade. (feat. Nao)
Crimes of Compassion.
Fly on the Wall.
Inside Job.
Atoms.
Kevlar.
Coldstar. 
Lucid.
 
GRAMMY® Award-nominated artist and songwriter Gallant has announced today details of his third studio album Zincset for release on September 27 via Mom+Pop Music. Pre-add/save HERE.
 
With over 1 billion streams, widespread international acclaim, and sold-out shows in the rearview mirror, the critically acclaimed virtuosoboldly steps forward, untethered from the major label system and free from expectations, Gallant has teamed up with producer Ariza to bring Zinc. to life.
 
“I saw Zinc. as the album I’d make if I had the chance to follow up my first record Ology again,” he admits.  “It’s a fresh start without confusion and the pressures of being part of a big machine. When I started writing it, I had no label or large team. I met Ariza, and the process mirrored how I did Ology with Stint. All that mattered was if a song spoke to me and if it reflected all of the weird things that make up who I am as a fan and as a person. I entertained myself and got a lot off my chest. I stuck to my guns and created an unfettered body of work that feels like me.”
 
The first track to be shared with the news of his forthcoming full-length is “Fly On The Wall. (Osaka Version).” Sounding utterly unrestrained, the track’s lithe acoustic guitar washes over hazy keys. His delivery quakes with raw emotion in a moment of clarity, “Excavating every word that I said when I was drunk on false power, who was I to blame for how I’m losing grip?” He exhales on the hook, “Please don’t mind me, I’m a fly on the wall.
 
“It came together as an honest and visceral story I’d been trying to write for a long time,” says Gallant. “It’s focused on the lyrics. The chorus reminded me of saying something I regretted in the heat of the moment during an argument.”
 
Listen to “Fly On The Wall. (Osaka Version)” HERE.
 
This week, Gallant treated fans to a special and intimate underplay show, performing the new album over two nights at the Sun Rose at The Pendry Hotel in West Hollywood. Last night's show featured higher-energy tracks from Zinc. Tonight will showcase some of the moodier tracks from the album. Both nights sold out immediately upon announcement.
 
Already 2024 has seen Gallant tease fans with “Coldstar.” [Listen HERE], an enthralling and hypnotic song “about longing and desperately wanting to get back to a memory,” and an accompanying Sasha Samsonova-directed visual [Watch HERE]As well as his collaborative project with Terrace Martin and Robert Glasper titled "sneek." More recently, he released the Monologue Experiment, an episodic series with special guests, created and written by Gallant. Monologue Experiment #1 features Eric Nam [watch here].
 
Renowned for his experimental edge, transcendent falsetto, and soulful melodies, Gallant emerged into the spotlight with his critically acclaimed debut album, Ology, in 2016. His standout single, "Weight in Gold," became an anthem of vulnerability and strength, earning him a GRAMMY® nomination and solidifying his place in the contemporary R&B scene. He went on to collaborate with artists including Dua Lipa, ZhuBrandyNoah Cyrus and Sufjan Stevens, and made notable appearances at major music festivals such as Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Austin City Limits (ACL), and notable television appearances, such as "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," "Later... with Jools Holland," and the "Today" show.
 
Now, poised and empowered with a new perspective and body of work, Gallant will release Zinc. on September 27 via Mom+Pop MusicPre-add/save HERE.
Zinc.
 In a Nutshell.
Sticks + Stones.
Siberia.
Monorail.
Centigrade. (feat. Nao)
Crimes of Compassion.
Fly on the Wall.
Inside Job.
Atoms.
Kevlar.
Coldstar. 
Lucid.
 
FOLLOW GALLANT:
OFFICIAL WEBSITE
INSTAGRAM | X | TIKTOK | YOUTUBE | SPOTIFY | APPLE MUSIC

No comments:

PULP @ The Hollywood Palladium // 9.18.24 // THE PORTABLE INFINITE

All photos taken by Martin Worster