7/28/2023

Morgan Saint Returns With New Single "Did You Lose Your Heart."

MORGAN SAINT RETURNS WITH STELLAR NEW SINGLE 
“DID YOU LOSE YOUR HEART” 

 
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO DIRECTED BY MORGAN SAINT
WATCH | LISTEN
“DID YOU LOSE YOUR HEART”

 
Morgan Saint makes a long-awaited and welcomed return today with the release of her stunning synth-soaked single, titled “Did You Lose Your Heart?” out everywhere now. Listen HERE
 
Speaking about the track, Morgan reveals, “This song encompasses both sides of me— half melancholy, half high in the clouds with the sun in my face.  Equally puzzled and in awe of the universe and my place in it. My life has been a series of heartbreaks and breakthroughs. Right between the two is where I’ve always felt the most in-tune with my deepest emotions. This song lives right in that scary, magical space.”
 
The music video was self-directed by Morgan, alongside her wife, Carley Ridersleeve. Watch the official music video for “Did You Lose Your Heart” HERE.
 
Talking about the video, Morgan adds, "The music video is me working towards my highest self. I'm picking up the pieces from a storm, and building myself back up one luminescent brick at a time. Searching for the light, for peace, and for a deeper understanding of myself." 
 
Born and raised in New York, the singer, songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist, director and designer disregards any and all boundaries when it comes to making music. Simultaneously, her unabashed and unrestrained honesty instantly connects to listeners with her refreshing and vulnerable post-punk synth-pop sound. After piling up tens of millions of streams and earning acclaim from critics all over the worldMorgan Saint invites listeners in with this new era and series of independent singles to come.
 
Following her decision to leave the major label system, the pandemic struck when Morgan and her wife decided to leave Manhattan for the remote shores of the North Fork of Long Island to write and record. Beyond a life partner, Morgan found the ultimate creative collaborator during this time, and together they have brought the entire vision for this chapter to life—not only engineering, producing, and recording the music, but also styling the looks and directing, shooting, editing, and even coloring the music videos.
 
This is two girls doing everything ourselves,” she smiles. “That’s a huge part of the story. Being a female producer and all-around creative, I’ve seen how gender can be a struggle in this industry. I’d love to have a small part in encouraging a space for more women to be artists, producers, and writers.” She concludes. “This is really the first chapter. I’m trusting the process. I care so tenderly for this music. I hope it can keep you company when you’re feeling low, and coast in your tailwinds when you’re flying. That’s why I listen to music.”
 
Did You Lose Your Heart” is out everywhere now.
Photo Credit: Morgan Saint & Carley Ridersleeve

OFFICIAL WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | TIK TOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK

No comments:

DR. JOHN COOPER CLARKE @ The Teragram Ballroom // 9.28.24 // THE PORTABLE INFINITE

All photos taken by Martin Worster