4/17/2023

Enter Sceptre (Cascina Caradonna) Share New Single "Tormentor" via Earmilk | Look Out For More New Music This Year

Enter Sceptre Shares Single "Tormentor" via Earmilk

Read mxdwnFame MagazinePilerats, Features +                  Starry Constellation Magazine Interview

Featured in Ones To Watch Weekly Roundup

See "Making the Music" Video

Look Out For More New Music This Year

LISTEN & SHARE: Enter Sceptre - "Tormentor"
Stream | Soundcloud

LISTEN & SHARE: Enter Sceptre - "Majesty"
Spotify

"An immersive, narrative-led project rooted in the prowess of imagination and a layered musicality"
Earmilk

 "A crescendo unlike any other"

mxdwn

"An excellent intro to it's exquisite offering"
Fame Magazine

"Cascina further shows us just how talented and creative she is with Enter Sceptre"
Pilerats

Today, Enter Sceptre - the solo project and brainchild of Cascina Caradonna - share their second single "Tormentor" (following the release of debut single "Majesty" in January 2023). About the release, Cascina says: "I started with the line, 'you don’t know, where I go, my Tormentor' as the melody came to me during a stale class one morning. I wrote verse after verse in my notebook, nodding my head every so often to assure the teacher I was in agreement with her lecture. Back at home that night I began crafting the beat, pads and lead line for the instrumental bit. The bulk of the song made me want to dance, and was so upbeat and happy. There had to be more pain. I crafted an intro out of violins, and pretty soon had two completely separate songs on my hands. Transitioning from one section to the other was a complete accident as the delay effect on my vocals was being modulated as the tempo rose. The feedback of it in the silence was so good that I kept it as it was, and enjoyed the journey the song presented itself as. 

Touch, by Daft Punk was a huge influence for this song, and I loved that there was no definitive or repetitive structure binding its free expression. Thick bands of harmonies are my favorite meal, so every line of the song has at least 4 voices singing different notes. Although a shrieking 80’s guitar solo at the end is perhaps outdated, it’s not fair I hadn’t been born yet. Not my fault, enjoy."

- Cascina Caradonna (Enter Sceptre)

Tormentor- Enter Sceptre: MAKING THE MUSIC

No comments:

Phantogram Share New Single from 'Memory Of A Day' -- New Album Out Oct 18 via Neon Gold

PHANTOGRAM  SHARE NEW SINGLE “ IT WASN’T MEANT TO BE ”  MEMORY OF A DAY   NEW ALBUM OUT OCTOBER 18 VIA NEON GOLD RECORDS ON TOUR NOW WITH KI...