9/18/2024

Caroline Kingsbury Shares "Phone" Single + Video via FLOOD, US Tour w/ Pom Pom Squad l 'I Really Don't Care!' EP Due October 18th

Caroline Kingsbury Shares "Take My Phone Away" 
Single + Video via FLOOD, US Tour with Pom Pom Squad

I Really Don't Care! EP Due October 18th
PRE-SAVE: Caroline Kingsbury - I Really Don't Care! EP
Pre-Save

LISTEN & SHARE: Caroline Kingsbury - "Take My Phone Away"
Stream / YouTube

LISTEN & SHARE: Caroline Kingsbury - Remixes From Heaven EP
Stream

LISTEN & SHARE: Caroline Kingsbury - "Strawberry Sheets"
Stream / YouTube

LISTEN & SHARE: Caroline Kingsbury - Heaven's Just A Flight
Spotify / Apple Music / Bandcamp / Soundcloud
"Propelled forward with a twinkling jangle-pop melody and enchanting synths, ["Massive Escape (Arlie Remix)"] is a dream, straight out of the days of disco."
Glide Magazine

"For her first full-length, [Kingsbury] commits both her look and her sound to the sequin-clad, cocaine-dusted ethos of glam rock. That level of drama is a tall order, but it’s a stronger and more defining background for her rich and robust voice."
Pitchfork

"Her latest track sees her turn towards the dreamy soundscapes of Cocteau Twins or The Jesus and Mary Chain. Churning guitar and lush production invite and entice, drawing you into Kingsbury’s irresistible pop haze."
Under the Radar

"An honest retelling of her life."
FLAUNT

"One of Kingsbury’s most poignant songs, addressing social injustices, grief, and finding some way to stand up again."
American Songwriter

"A clinic in all things ’80s — new wave, dream-pop, dance music, power-pop."
Buzz Bands LA

"Opening with a yelp, splashy ‘80s guitar tone, and towering percussion, Kingsbury’s impassioned plea on “Massive Escape” is her most arresting yet."
Under The Radar

"An apt soundtrack to the feelings of regret at squandering our free time"
FLOOD

""Fall in Love" is widescreen dreampop with an emphasis on pop"
BrooklynVegan

"Serious vintage new-wave meets power-pop vibes"
mxdwn

"Incredibly emotional and personal"
Gay Times

"Throughout, the voice of the artist is roaring, strong and energetic. As in her previous works “In my Brain” and “Breaking Apart”, Caroline’s personality and timbre remain the absolute protagonists of her music. "
Atwood

"Fall in Love” pairs soaring synths with dynamic vocals and a catchy chorus. Minh Pham directs the neon-lit music video, which comes complete with big hair flips, solo dance sessions and Kingsbury’s emotional performance."
Cool Hunting

 


"The song takes their synth sounds while intensifying the layers, bringing the sounds closer to the listener."
Puddlegum

Today, Los Angeles indie-pop songstress Caroline Kingsbury shares "Take My Phone Away," the third single from her upcoming EP, I Really Don't Care! 

"Take My Phone Away" is a captivatingly relatable tune about queer heartbreak. True to her signature 80s pop sound, the track is driven by big drums, Kingbury's textured vocals, and sprinkled with synth."Waiting by the phone, waiting for a sign that the pain you just experienced isn’t real. Drowning your pain in distraction. Did love ever live with you? Was it all a dream?" These are the musings Caroline unpacks on this record, as evidenced by lyrics like "I don't want to be better / If better means I am living without you."

"I was lucky enough to write this song with Justin Tranter and Ryland Blackinton," she continues, "in a period of time when heartbreak was really fresh for me and we took it all and put it into a perfect pop song. Can someone PLEASE take my phone away?"

"Take My Phone Away" serves as the final single ahead of the release of I Really Don't Care!, joining "Alabama" and lead single "Our House" as representatives of what we can expect from Kingsbury's sophomore EP. “Caroline is a singer’s singer, a rockstar’s rockstar, and a vulnerable storyteller all at the same time,” songwriter Justin Tranter says.

She recalls, "With I Really Don’t Care!, I went into the writing process with an open heart and alongside Charlie Brand, Justin Tranter, and Ryland Blackinton we brought my sound into a new dimension that I have never tapped into before." I Really Don't Care! is a culmination of the three years since she released her debut album, Heaven's Just a Flight.

"Everything I write is personal," Caroline continues. "No matter how hard I try to be mysterious, I can’t help but share my life and my story with you. I try to be a chill girl but I’m not. My first lesbian heartbreak (which is its own special brand of heartbreak of its own), family estrangement after having that first lesbian relationship, and working late shifts to pay my rent - I Really Don’t Care! shows that no matter how hard I try I really do care..I’ve come to accept that it’s my superpower."

I Really Don't Care! is due for release on October 18th.

Caroline Kingsbury - "Take My Phone Away" (Official Video)

Caroline has a handful of live shows coming up. Tickets and more information are available here. Yesterday, it was announced that Caroline will be joining Pom Pom Squad on their Mirror Ball Tour from February - April 2025. Tickets will be on sale this Friday September 20th at 10am local time.

CAROLINE KINGSBURY LIVE

Oct 11 - Visalia, CA - Pride Visalia 
Oct 12 - Visalia, CA - Pride Visalia 
Oct 17 - Los Angeles, CA - Moroccan Lounge - EP Release Show
Nov 7 - New York City, NY - Mercury Lounge

Feb 26 - Philadelphia, PA - Ukie Club
Feb 27 - Boston, MA - The Sinclair
Feb 28 - Burlington, VT - Higher Ground Showcase Room
Mar 1 - Montreal, QC - L’Esco
Mar 3 - Toronto, ON - The Dance Cave
Mar 4 - Columbus, OH - A&R Music Bar
Mar 5 - Ferndale,  MI - The Magic Bag
Mar 8 - Cudahy, WI - X-Ray Arcade
Mar 10 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theater
Mar 11 - Salt Lake City, UT - The DLC at Quarters
Mar 13 - Portland, OR - Mission Theater
Mar 14 - Seattle, WA - Barboza
Mar 15 - Vancouver, BC - Fox Cabaret
Mar 17 - San Francisco, CA - Rickshaw Stop
Mar 20 - Santa Ana, CA - Constellation Room
Mar 21 - Phoenix, AZ - Valley Bar
Mar 23 - Dallas, TX - Club Dada
Mar 24 - Austin, TX - Parish
Mar 25 - Houston, TX - White Oak Music Hall Upstairs
Mar 26 - New Orleans, LA - Siberia
Mar 28 - Nashville, TN - Blue Room
Mar 29 - Atlanta, GA - Purgatory
Mar 30 - Orlando, FL - The Social
Mar 1 - Carrboro, NC - Cat’s Cradle (Back Room)
Mar 2 - Washington, DC - Atlantis
Mar 4 - New York, NY - Music Hall Of Williamsburg

No comments:

Glasser shares new single 'Dying Light'

Glasser   Album ‘crux deluxe’ out September 27 th  via One Little Independent Records   Single ‘Dying Light’ out now   Smartlink Spotify    ...