2/27/2023

The Clamor (MoMA) Share Double Singles via Scene Point Blank | 'The Clamor' LP Due Out March 17

The Clamor Share Double Singles "Nerve and Vein" & "She's in Static" via Scene Point Blank

Read SpillThoughts Words ActionEnigma Online Features

The Clamor LP Out On March 17th
Photo by Grace Kim
LISTEN & SHARE: The Clamor - "Nerve and Vein"
Stream | Soundcloud

LISTEN & SHARE: The Clamor - "She's in Static"
Stream | Soundcloud

LISTEN & SHARE: The Clamor - "Cardiac Soundtrack"
Stream | Soundcloud
 
LISTEN & SHARE: The Clamor - "Turing Toy"
Stream | Soundcloud

"Aggressive yet infectious"
Earmilk

"Punk spirit with strong early/mid '80s elements that recall art-punk, New Wave and other independent-minded, adventurous yet accessible sounds"

Scene Point Blank

Punk outfit and brainchild of Aaron Louis, The Clamor,  recently announced their upcoming self-titled album with the release of double singles "Cardiac Sountrack" and "Turing Toy". Now, the group is back with their second set of double singles: "Nerve and Vein" and "She's in Static" ahead of the LP release in March. About the release, Louis says: 
"I have spent so many years working in other mediums, film, theater, fiction, and working in the art world, that I wanted to return to my roots, where I feel most at home being creative. That’s music. Like a lot of people, I had a pretty wrecked childhood and the only thing that kept me sane was being a part of the insane punk rock community around me, and listening to and making music and I miss it more and more as I get older.  The album is not me trying to recreate that atmosphere but a place to begin where I left off.  Even if that just means having fun - like not being too precious, finding ways to be vulnerable, and embracing the collision of styles, all of which I hope you feel in this album. I like this moment in my life and feel like this album was a way to create a sort of sonic snapshot of what I've been thinking about and what's important to me. And thinking of how fast it goes. Like in Cardiac Soundtrack –  I wondered what it was that the great Joe Strummer might have been listening to when he had his heart attack.  "U-Roy? The Jay Tees?" What will I go out listening to? And what music can I leave behind?

I wrote all the music and brought the song demos to the producer, Omer Leibovitz, and he assembled a group of killer Brooklyn musicians (himself included), to get the full band sound that I wanted. And then he brought along the excellent engineer at Studio G, Jeff Berner, and with Alan Douches mastering I felt I couldn’t be in better hands. The album artwork was done by one of my favorite illustrators, Roxanna Bikadoroff. I first discovered her artwork on the cover of my favorite Flannery O'Connor books and I actually cold-called her and coaxed her out of “applied art” retirement with punk rock." - Aaron Louis

All songs written & composed by Aaron Louis / 2022 Music (BMI)

Produced and mixed by Omer Leibovitz

Musicians:
Aaron Louis: vocals, guitar, synths
Omer Leibovitz: guitar, bass, keys, percussion
Layton Weedeman: drums, percussion
Will Raines: organ, synths, piano, guitar
Gary Atturio: bass
Kirk Schoenherr: guitar

Guest Musician: Teddy Mulet: trumpets, trombones

Recorded by Jeff Berner at Studio G in Brooklyn, NYC

Mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music

Artwork by Roxanna Bikadoroff
The Clamor - "Nerve and Vein" [Promo Video]
The Clamor - "She's in Static" [Promo Video]

No comments:

A Place to Bury Strangers Release 7th Album Synthesizer & New Single "Fear Of Transformation"

A Place To Bury Strangers Unveil New Single/Video,  “Fear Of Transformation”   New Album, Synthesizer , Out This Friday Via Dedstrange   On ...