7/13/2017

Black Kids Release New Single Today + Announce Tour Dates + Album Out 9/15

Black Kids Release New Single,
“If My Heart Is Broken”, Out Today



Listen + Share “If My Heart Is Broken” Here

Watch + Share Lyric Video Here

West Coast Tour Kicks Off Sept 16

New Album, Rookie, Out September 15; Pre-Order HERE



“New single “If My Heart is Broken” finds them back in their finest Anglophilic frippery, all ringing guitars, shimmering melodies and masterful harmonies – but with a bit of an underlying country twang." - Black Book (July 2017)

“It’s not often that you can plausibly put The Cure and Bob Dylan into the same sentence. But such is the case with the video for The Black Kids’ “If My Heart Is Broken.” Playboy

“[Obligatory Drugs]…like what might happen if Beck produced a track for LCD Soundsystem.” – Stereogum

“Think of [Obligatory Drugs] as the nonchalant older kid that just embodies cool. It doesn’t have to try very hard… Try to get this one out of your head.” - Earmilk

Black Kids have released a new hook-laden single, “If My Heart Is Broken” today viaBlackBook. Additionally, Playboy has premiered the lyric video. The track appears on their sophomore album, Rookie, out September 15. The album was recorded and co-produced by Andy LeMaster at Chase Park Transduction.

Singer Reggie Youngblood explains the inspiration behind “If My Heart is Broken” to BlackBook: “This song is the closest thing I have to a regrettable tattoo, cos when I hear it, I’m reminded that it came about when I legit thought I could move to Nashville and write country songs for Rayna James. I mean, I told everyone I was going to. AND THEN someone told me she’s a fictional character… No “ifs” about it, I was def heartbroken—it would’ve made a great fake country song for a fake country artist.”

After taking an almost decade long hiatus before the release of their sophomore album, “Much like Odysseus and Co., on our journey to make the ‘difficult second album,’ shit got rough,” Youngblood says. “A few of us heeded the siren call of ‘side projects.’ Tumultuous relationships and periods of Imposter Syndrome also impeded progress. Worst of all, I couldn’t write a chorus. And for a band that worships The Chorus, this was problematic.”

DON’T MISS THE BLACK KIDS ON TOUR!

9/16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Future Forward Fest
9/20 - Portland, OR @ Mississippi Studios
9/22 - Seattle, WA @ The Sunset
9/23 - Bend, OR @ Volcanic Theatre
9/24 - San Francisco, CA @ Folsom Street Fair
9/25 - Oakland, CA @ New Parish
9/26 - Santa Ana, CA @ Constellation Room
9/29 - San Diego,CA @ Casbah

0 comments:

AddToAny