8/26/2026

Gently Tender (mems. of Palma Violets) announce new album

GENTLY TENDER ANNOUNCE SOPHOMORE ALBUM


THIS WAS ONCE FIELDS

OUT OCTOBER 16 VIA TODO RECORDS - PRE-ORDER


LISTEN TO NEW SINGLE “DON’T SLEEP”


OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO PREMIERES TODAY - WATCH


TOURING THE UK AND IRELAND THIS NOVEMBER

 Photo credit: Holly Whitaker 



South London six-piece Gently Tender today announce their second studio album This Was Once Fields, due for release on Friday, October 16 via TODO Records.


They also share their new single “Don’t Sleep,” of which songwriter Sam Fryer shares: “‘Don’t Sleep’ is about the feeling you get when you’re driving through a city at nighttime. I call it an Uber Pop song because whenever I listen to it, it sounds like I’m in a late-night cab. I’m wrestling between love and hate for the city. When I scream ‘I love this place’ it’s almost through gritted teeth. Over the years I have struggled with London - but when I reflect upon it - I have to pay my respects to how it’s shaped my life artistically.”


LISTEN TO “DON’T SLEEP

WATCH "DON'T SLEEP"

PRE-ORDER / PRE-SAVE THIS WAS ONCE FIELDS


This Was Once Fields was inspired by the walks frontman Sam Fryer would take through the green belt of North London, seeking escape from the chaos of the city in the great outdoors. The tumult of feelings that arose as he would walk through the fields and down into the city opened an immense wellspring of inspiration that would form the thesis of the album. So far, the band have shared a handful of tracks from the project, including the song that sparked this new direction, “A Mound A Field,” and the celebration of the freedom of the countryside in “Wild In The Uplands.”


“The view of London from afar at nighttime was what really ignited a spark in me. I would reflect on my life and myself as I exist inside the city I’ve lived in for my entire life, that I’ve loved and fallen out of love with over again. The city does weigh on me heavily but it’s not easy to leave a place you’ve loved forever,” shares Fryer. 

“The songs that make up this project represent different chapters, memories, thoughts and reflections on the life I have lived in the city. How I’ve always managed to live here but never felt like I actually belong in such a loud and fast-paced, nerve-jangling environment. These walks have provided me with a universe of material that I can dive back into when I need to escape, and that’s where this music was born.”

GENTLY TENDER

THIS WAS ONCE FIELDS 

TODO RECORDS

Release Date: October 16, 2026



A Mound A Field 

Everything Will Be Fine By Now

Don’t Sleep

Go Get It!

City Of The Beast

10000 Steps From The Door

Staring At Fields

Wild In The Uplands

Ferme Park Ditty

This Was Once Fields 


# # #

No comments:

MAGNOLIA PICTURES SETS THEATRICAL RELEASE FOR NEW 4K RESTORATION OF
‘END OF THE CENTURY: THE STORY OF THE RAMONES,' CELEBRATING THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ICONIC PUNK BAND’S FIRST ALBUM

MAGNOLIA PICTURES SETS THEATRICAL RELEASE FOR NEW 4K RESTORATION OF END OF THE CENTURY: THE STORY OF THE RAMONES, CELEBRATING THE 50TH ANNIV...