6/05/2020

Sondre Lerche Releases New Album 'Patience'

Sondre Lerche Releases New Album Patience
Painting by: Loribelle Spirovski / Download hi-res album art here.
June 5, 2020: Today, the Los Angeles-based, Norwegian-born singer/songwriter Sondre Lerche released his ninth studio album Patience. After living in New York City for over a decade, the album is his first since relocating to the west coast. Recorded mostly in Norway, the inspiration for this record comes from a recently discovered love of ambient music, running marathons and a quest for serenity.
In conjunction with Bandcamp once again waiving their share of sales today, 50% of all album sales from Patience will be donated to WP4BL (White People 4 Black Lives), an organization working in solidarity and coalition with Black Lives Matter Los Angeles in order to build power to challenge dominant institutions, shift racist policies, and create community-based alternatives to harmful systems as part of a global movement of grassroots organizations.
Listen to Patience via all streaming services:
PopMatters said, "Taken as a whole, PleasePleasure, and Patience represent Lerche's finest work as a musician." Frontrunner Magazine said, "Lerche blurs the stylistic lines between casual alt-pop, jazz and classic orchestra music. The album manages to be both expansive and spacious, leaving room for the foundation of the songwriting to shine."
Recently, Lerche released the fan-sourced official video for "That's All There Is." Paste said, "The bittersweetness is musically palpable; the track is bouncy and full of colorful synths, but everything is covered in a nostalgic haze," while Stereogum said the song "...reminds us how adaptable and exploratory Lerche has been over the course of two decades.
Patience is the follow-up and spiritual companion to 2017’s Pleasure and 2014’s Please. Like his previous albums, Lerche continues to work with core collaborators including percussionist Dave Heilman, bassist Chris Holm, keyboardist Alexander von Mehren, and producers Kato Ådland and Matias Tellez. The album also reunites Lerche with mixing engineer Jørgen Træen and world-renowned classical violinist, composer, and arranger Tim Fain, as well as introducing an unexpected but winning team-up with Van Dyke Parks on "Put The Camera Down." Stereogum recently called Patience "an appropriate title for a moment in history when basically the entire human population is being forced to sit and wait."
"The inspiration behind the theme and feeling of the album comes from the sense of space and time I associate with ambient music and minimalism. Ever since Pleasure came out in 2017, I’ve been running a lot, and I listen to mainly abstract music that helps me lose sense of time and structure when I run, what I refer to as 'patient music,'" Lerche explains. "Performing the flamboyant and intense Pleasure show 140 times in one year got me into athleticism, and made me passionate about running. Before this, I never did anything remotely athletic in my life. After Pleasure I felt like slowing down everything in my life. I stopped touring for the first time since I was 18. I moved to LA, and I just focused on writing. I needed to make soothing music."
Sondre's Patience Hotline is now live. Text or call him at +1 (310) 388-9880 to join to community or visit my.community.com/sondrelerche.
Tracklist:
01) Patience
02) I Love You Because It’s True
03) You Are Not Who I Thought I Was
04) There Is No Certain Thing
05) Are We Alone Now
06) That’s All There Is
07) Put The Camera Down
08) Why Would I Let You Go
09) I Can’t See Myself Without You
10) Don’t Waste Your Time
11) Why Did I Write The Book of Love
12) My Love Is Hard To Explain
Sondre Lerche online:
Credit: Jen Steele

0 comments:

AddToAny