11/30/2018

Lola Kirke shares acoustic version of "Monster," announces 2019 tour with Alex Cameron

LOLA KIRKE

Listen Now on Aquarium Drunkard

California Shows This December + Touring With Alex Cameron in February/March 2019

Photo credit: Wyndham Boylan-Garnett


Lola Kirke's heartrending song "Monster" was the first single released from her debut album Heart Head West and was hailed by Rolling Stone as "a declaration of wanting to fit into the world." Today, Lola is sharing a new acoustic version of the track. "Monster (Acoustic)" is premiering on Aquarium Drunkard, who also interviewed Lola. "I definitely think acting and songwriting come from a similar place," she says. "With songwriting, it's just more available to me. I don't have to wait until I find a character or I'm given a job that asks me to use that experience to enliven it. With songwriting, if I'm lonely or angry, whatever it is I want to express through songwriting, I can just do it."


Following her sold-out shows in the UK this month, Lola will return to California for three holiday shows in late December. Tickets are available HERE, and don't miss her just-released Christmas songs, "Cross You Off My List" and "Little Drummer Girl."

12/19: Cafe du Nord w/ Dana Williams - San Francisco, CA
12/20: Resident w/ Dana Williams - Los Angeles, CA
12/21: Pappy & Harriet's w/ Amber Coffman & Dana Williams - Pioneertown, CA

Lola is also thrilled to announce that she will be touring across North America with Alex Cameron early next year:

2/14: Doug Fir - Portland, OR
2/15: Wise Hall - Vancouver, BC
2/16: Barboza - Seattle, WA
2/20: Lost Lake - Denver, CO
2/21: Slowdown - Omaha, NE
2/22: 7th Street Entry - Minneapolis, MN
2/23: High Noon - Madison, WI
2/24: Thalia in the Round - Chicago, IL
2/26: Horseshoe - Toronto, ON
2/27: Theater Fairmount - Montreal, QB
3/01: The Bell House - New York, NY 
3/02: Great Scott - Boston, MA

Heart Head West is available now on Downtown Records.

0 comments:

AddToAny