5/11/2018

WET’S SOPHOMORE ALBUM STILL RUN TO BE RELEASED JULY 13; AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW

WET’S SOPHOMORE ALBUM STILL RUN TO BE RELEASED JULY 13; AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW

NEW TRACK “LATELY” OUT NOW; WATCH THE OFFICIAL VIDEO HERE

NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINE TOUR KICKS OFF NEXT WEEK
(Still Run Album Art)
Today Wet has revealed details for their forthcoming sophomore album Still Run. The 10 track LP will be released globally on July 13, 2018 via Columbia Records and is available for pre-order HEREStill Run features previously released tracks “There’s a Reason” and “Softens” as well as new song “Lately.” See full track listing below.

Says Kelly Zutrau of Wet, “The album, and this track in particular, are about leaving dysfunctional relationships even when it is easier to stay. It’s also a call to myself to keep doing, running, making things in an overwhelming world. To not get stuck in comfortable situations if they’re not helping you to grow and live. It’s a documentation of my attempt to get control of my life, my relationships and my art and the losses I experienced in that process."

Wet has also shared the official video for “Lately” – watch HERE. The visual was directed, shot, and edited by lead singer/songwriter Kelly Zutrau. Zutrau shares, “I’ve never made a music video by myself, I didn’t even consider that an option but when I was thinking about this song I couldn’t imagine doing it another way. I didn’t want to collaborate and have to explain what I wanted and fight to be heard, I just wanted to try to access something real in myself and have it be an intimate experience for the viewer. I realized that I might have the best luck doing that on my own. I also just wanted to have fun, so I hope that comes through. "

Wet’s North American headline tour kicks off in Philadelphia on May 15 and includes stops in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. See full tour routing below. Tickets are on sale now, with multiple markets having already sold out. Visit http://wet.band/ for more information.

Wet is recognized for their deeply-hued emotional pop, well documented by the New York TimesSpin, and NPR among many others. Rolling Stone noted that Wet “set themselves apart with music that combines the elegant ache of Nineties R&B with the raw honesty of indie pop…” Crediting Wet’s confessional lyrical style, their 2016 debut album Don’t You was embraced by critics and music fans alike. Although still personal and poetic, their sophomore album Still Run is more upbeat and pop driven than their debut.



STILL RUN TRACKLIST:
1. Still Run
2. There's A Reason
3. You're Not Wrong
4. Lately
5. Softens
6. 11 Hours
7. This Woman Loves You
8. Out Of Tune
9. Visitor
10. Love Is Not Enough

WET ON TOUR:
05/15     Philadelphia, PA           Johnny Brenda’s
05/16     Cambridge, MA            The Sinclair (SOLD-OUT)
05/17     Cambridge, MA            The Sinclair
05/19     Washington, DC           Black Cat
05/20     Brooklyn, NY                Music Hall of Williamsburg (SOLD-OUT)
05/21     Brooklyn, NY                Music Hall of Williamsburg
05/23     Toronto, ON                  Velvet Underground
05/24     Detroit, MI                     Magic Stick
05/25     Chicago, IL                    House of Blues
05/26     Minneapolis, MN           Varsity Theater
05/29     Seattle, WA                   Neptune Theatre
05/30     Portland, OR                 Wonder Ballroom
06/01     San Francisco, CA        The Independent (SOLD-OUT) 
06/02     San Francisco, CA        The Independent
06/03     Los Angeles, CA           Masonic Lodge @ Hollywood Forever (SOLD-OUT)
06/05     Los Angeles, CA           El Rey
06/06     Santa Ana, CA              Constellation Room

0 comments:

AddToAny