5/04/2018

Rita Ora Teams Up With Cardi B, Bebe Rexha And Charli XCX

RITA ORA TEAMS UP WITH HER ‘GIRLS’
CARDI B, BEBE REXHA AND CHARLI XCX

NEW SINGLE, ‘GIRLS’ OUT MAY 11th
Rita Ora is set to continue her run of hits with new single, ‘Girls’ featuring Cardi B, Bebe Rexha, and Charli XCX. 'Girls' will be available on May 11th on Atlantic Records.
On her inspiration for the track, Rita shared, “These past few years I’ve been so inspired by all the strong women I’ve seen who aren’t afraid to be themselves. For those who aren’t afraid to rule the world, this is our anthem. A celebration of love. And of course thank you to all the fellow boss women who so kindly graced this song with me - each representing who they are and where they are from. I hope you dance your socks off with us!”
Bebe Rexha also commented on the process, saying “I’ve been so inspired by the powerful female singers of our time, and I couldn’t be more proud to join Rita, Cardi and Charli in carrying on the tradition of bold, sexy and fearless expression. I strive to be a fierce champion of female empowerment and equal representation in music and beyond and am so excited to have this anthem out there in the world for girls everywhere.”
Charli XCX echoed a similar sentiment, sharing “When Rita asked me to be on this song I was instantly up for it. She’s one of my favorite people I’ve met through music, a genuine person who is really funny and someone I count as a true friend. There’s nothing more fun than making music with your friends. I love Bebe too and we’ve been trying to do something together for a while. And Cardi.... aghhhhhh I’m on a song with Cardi B!!!!! #dead. I just want to throw a huge party when this song is out. Everyone’s invited, let’s get fucked up!!!!!”
Girls’ continues Rita’s return to music, which culminated in over 1 billion streams and views worldwide and a spree of globe-spanning smash hit singles last year. Her single ‘Your Song’ spent 29 weeks on the UK charts, ‘Anywhere’ reached #2 there and has amassed over 200 million global streams on Spotify, and she performed ‘For You,’ her duet with Liam Payne on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and TODAY. Her debut UK album skyrocketed to number 1 and is certified platinum, cementing her as one of the most successful UK pop acts of the last decade. Rita has sold seven million singles worldwide and has 12 top ten singles, and earlier this year she tied the record for the most top 10 singles for a female solo artist in the UK, held by legendary artists Petula Clark and Shirley Bassey.

Rita will kick off her sold-out European Girls Tour in Glasgow on May 11th. The tour features two new UK opening acts, of which Rita shared, “I knew I wanted to give an opportunity to new singers so I chose Raye and Kara because they are dope and more people need to be aware of how talented they are. I wanted to share the stage and give other women a chance like I had, it’s important we support each other.” The Girls Tour will make several stops including London’s Brixton Academy on May 18th before finishing up in Copenhagen on May 27th.

0 comments:

AddToAny