3/31/2017

Coco Hames releases self-titled album today, shares new music video for “I Don’t Wanna Go”


Happy release day to Coco Hames! The Tennessee songwriter’s fabulous self-titled debut is available on CD and limited-edition green vinyl now in the Merge storeyour favorite independent record store, and digital outlets. In its glowing four-star review, The Skinny raves, “There’s not a single song here that won’t have you reaching for the repeat button at some point.” 

To mark the occasion, Hames shares a new music video and more European shows! The music video for “I Don’t Wanna Go” was shot in the California desert last month and features many of the musicians who recorded the album with Hames: bassist Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, The Greenhornes), drummer Julian Dorio (The Whigs), and guitarist Adam Meisterhans (The Weight).


Coco Hames on making the video:
We shot the video in my spiritual home of Joshua Tree, CA. When I am there, I stay with my friend David Catching (Eagles of Death Metal, desert host, and king) and we record whatever we feel like. I'm so peaceful and at home there, which I think is noticeable in the video too; I'm not much of an actor, and what you see is me purely content! I have a rotating cast for my live performances, but the musicians who recorded the album with me were there. We all go way back, and I was just blissed out to be with my friends. David let me drive his car, and Will, the director, had me up before dawn to get the good light. I've never had so much fun.

If you happen to be in Nashville, celebrate today’s album release with Coco Hames at Grimey’s, where she will be performing a free all-ages show at 6pm. Those in Europe can catch Hames’ live show later this year in the cities below with more to come!

Coco Hames on tour:
Mar 31 Nashville, TN - Grimey's (6pm, free & all ages)
Sep 19 London, UK - The Old Blue Last
Sep 23 Copenhagen, DK - Loppen
Sep 24 Aarhus, DK - Atlas

0 comments: