1/17/2017

Lisa Mitchell Premieres "Warhol" Video On Brooklyn Vegan || New Album "Warriors" Out Digitally Now

New album Warriors Out Now Digitally, Physically on April 14th Via Play It Again Sam

Lisa Mitchell is pleased to unveil a new video for the track Warhol, taken from her forthcoming album Warriors - slated for a Spring release through Play It Again Sam.
Directed by award-winning Australian director and writer Vanessa Gazy, the video is Part One of a story that spans over both ‘Warhol’ and title track ‘Warriors.’  A serendipitous collaboration between Gazy + Mitchell, it began like a strange nightmare, as Mitchell explains:
“The song is slightly devastating for me, as it’s about a betrayal… I kept having visions of all these past and futures ‘selves’ coming to my aid, embodying me, as I fled, to an altar hidden in the forest, where I knew I would be welcomed by the spirit of the shrine, ‘Warhol…’ For surely he would understand this madness..?
Back in the real world, I was stopped in my tracks when I saw a short-film of director Vanessa Gazy’(Foal,) which takes place at the edge of the forest in Australia where she grew up. I had an inklingshe was the one who would direct this..!  I hunted her down and sure enough, she resonated so strongly with it and agreed to take the reins!  All my gratitude goes to her, for taking a little seed from this wounded time and growing this two-part wilderness that became very much her own; something incredibly layered with meaning for us both.
Singer-songwriter, Mitchell makes a return to these shores when she plays London’s Omeara (sold out) accompanied by short run of European dates in February. Warriors, produced by long-term musical cohort Eric J Dubowsky (Chet Faker, Flume) is released on April 14th though Play It Again Sam and available digitally and on CD via all usual outlets.
Listen to Warhol on Spotify / Apple Music

0 comments:

AddToAny