10/06/2016

Maria Taylor Announces New Album "In The Next Life"

Maria Taylor
Announces New Album
In The Next Life
Set To Release On December 9th
 
"Her songs are craftily constructed, with lyrics equally committed to clarity and poetry...
She knows what she's doing..."
- A.V. Club
 
"A wonderfully warm presence."
 - NPR
 
"Organic Southern-flavored folk pop."
- Pitchfork
 
Birmingham, AL - October 6, 2016 - Singer-songwriter Maria Taylor has officially announced her new album, In The Next Lifewhich is set to release on December 9thIn The Next Life is Maria's sixth solo effort and first release on her own label, Flower Moon Records. For more information, please visit: mariataylormusic.com.
 
Maria co-produced In The Next Life alongside Nik Freitas (Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band), which features guest vocals from Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes), Joshua RadinMacey Taylor (Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Jenny Lewis, AA Bondy), Jake Bellows (Neva Dinova), Louis Schefano (Remy Zero, Suspicious Light), Morgan Nagler (Whispertown), and Tiffany Osborn.
 
After putting out two albums as one half of Azure Ray (with co-vocalist Orenda Fink) and lending her voice, piano and drumming skills on numerous Bright Eyes records, Maria announced her solo career in 2005 - a change that would pave the way for five critically acclaimed albums and collaborations with renowned artists such as Jim Eno (Spoon), Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), Moby, Doug Easley (Cat Power, Pavement),David Barbe (Sugar, Drive-By Truckers, Son Volt) and Crooked Fingers. As a performer, Maria has shared the stage with Ben Lee, Josh Rouse, Joshua Radin, Jason Isbell, Jim James (My Morning Jacket) and more. Over the years, fans have heard her music on TV shows such as Unforgettable, Suburgatory, Private Practice, Bones, Grey's AnatomyGreek and One Tree Hill.
 
With excitement towards her upcoming release, Maria explains, "A move back to California and a husband and two children later, I've found myself looking at my favorite release of all of my work. I rummaged through my life, taking parts of my past lives and intertwining them with my current life. I've imagined my life beyond what is now. I've taken all that I've learned both musically and lyrically (with the help of my incredibly talented friends) and put it into this record. I kept asking myself, 'If I die tomorrow, what would I want my last record to say?'"
 
In The Next Life is set to release on December 9, 2016 via Flower Moon Records. For more information, please visit: mariataylormusic.com
 
###
 
Upcoming Shows
Dec 11 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Troubadour (Album Release Show)
 
 

0 comments: